Every year there are 3.2 million composite sticks produced worldwide. Today, each of these sticks is destined for a landfill. HockeyGreen was formed for the purpose of changing this situation by actively supporting solutions that will give these sticks an afterlife.
HockeyGreen’s goal for this initiative is to collect broken or unwanted composite hockey sticks. By offering players an incentive to return these sticks to Total Hockey, we hope to slow the number of newer sticks going into landfills and even to start emptying those garages and basements of broken or unwanted sticks. Once we have helped recyclers find an economically viable method for recycling sticks, we may be able to accept stick returns in larger quantities. Someday perhaps, the estimated fourteen million broken or unwanted composite sticks just sitting out there may be made into other useful products.
HockeyGreen provides players with an incentive to precycle their broken and unusable composite hockey sticks instead of just throwing them away. HockeyGreen rewards you for going green. So how exactly do you precycle your stick? It’s simple!
- Take your broken composite stick to a Total Hockey retail store location.
- Present the broken stick to a Total Hockey hockey expert.
- If the stick meets the qualifying eligibility requirements, you will receive a $10 credit on a qualifying stick purchase from Total Hockey.
If you purchase a new composite stick from Total Hockey, but do not have a broken composite stick with you to precycle, you have 90 days to bring in an eligible stick to receive a $10 credit on your recent stick purchase.
All new stick purchases will include a HockeyGreen bag providing players an easy way to return their broken or unwanted sticks to a Total Hockey precycling process center.
- Go to www.hockeygreen.com
- Request a FREE UPS Return Ship (RS) label
- Place your broken or unwanted composite stick in a HockeyGreen bag
- Affix the UPS Return Ship label to the bag
- Take the package to a UPS Store or Drop Box
- Once Total Hockey receives your qualifying stick, you will receive a $10 credit against a previous qualifying stick purchase at totalhockey.com.
If you purchase a new composite stick from Total Hockey, but do not have a broken composite stick to precycle, you have 90 days to mail in an eligible stick to receive a $10 credit applied to your most recent stick purchase. Please note only one $10 credit can be applied to each new stick purchase.
Learn more at hockeygreen.com